1. The climate - most people say that to begin with but there are many other reasons.
2. Lifestyle - the Spanish love their fiestas, eating out and socialising.
3. Property - there is a wide range of property at excellent prices - especially at the moment with the strong euro.
4. Education system - the system is as good as if not better than in the UK.
5. Health care - more easily accessible and affordable. This is very important as you get older.
6. Culture and history. History has played its part in making Spain an international community.
7. Wine - good quality, reasonably priced wine from a wide range of vineyards. Cheaper alholic drinks generally.
8. Cost of living - no television licences, no road tax, lower rates on properties.
9. Geographical location - easy to travel from / to anywhere in the world.
10. Easy commuting to and from Europe and the Middle East for those who are still working.