Free activity for kids from Kinder chocolate – choose from music, art, sports or languages. Either send details by post or register online, input the barcode, scan and upload the receipt and 21 days later you’ll get a code to use for the chosen activity.
Blanco 30% additional discount in stores and online until 3 Feb, print coupon or use code EXTRA if buying online. Note: Only valid for women’s clothes.
More offers after the news…
With the new education system (LOMCE) coming into force, new text books will be needed from September for Primary courses 1, 3 and 5. Other years will see changes introduced gradually. Before buying any school text books secondhand check first if they'll be valid.
A market survey carried out by ADICAE (Banking and Insurance Customers Association) has found that on average houses and flats sold by banks in Spain are 20% more expensive than those sold directly by private owners.
Ausbanc is warning that, due to the low Euribor levels, banks in Spain may be trying to get rid of this reference for mortgage rates and use instead the IRPH (Indice de Referencia de Prestamos Hipotecarios). The IRPH is an index published monthly by the Bank of Spain and tends to be higher than the Euribor as it is obtained from the average of different market mortgage rates on offer.
Watch out with Gas Natural “flat-rate” (tarifa plana) contract for gas supply, you actually pay for an annual consumption which is limited - if exceeded the excess will cost you double the rate of the regulated TUR tariff.
Learning to drive in Spain costs an average of 720€, however price differences between the cheapest and most expensive driving schools are as high as 165%. Remember if comparing prices to compare like with like: theory course & materials, number of driving lessons & duration (45 / 60 minutes), IVA (sales tax), official fees and any other costs.
The Spanish Government has reduced sales tax from 21% to 10% on art. Apparently this is a first step towards reducing sales tax on theatre, cinema and concerts (among other areas).
An interesting product from Telefonica for people who are unable to use smartphone apps such as WhatsApp: “Radio Me” just has two buttons and allows for instant voice connection to another smartphone that has the app downloaded. It’s a good idea for people with elderly relatives, price will be 9€/month.
Latest Offers & Articles on Money Saver Spain
- Not just another flight comparison site – Momondo is multi-language and multi-currency, flights shown are rated so you can choose from cheapest, shortest or overall best value. But what we like best is their Fare Alert – get a daily update of the cheapest price of your chosen route.
- Join Vino Selección and get 6 wines for half price 35.90€ (includes delivery) and a free professional corkscrew. Offer for newbies only, no need to buy regularly, can cancel at any time.
- Clinique promo: buy online and get three mini-sized products worth 28€, ends 2 Feb. Need to spend 40€ to get free delivery.
- Register at WestWing (discounted homeware and decoration) and for every friend that signs up they’ll get a 10€ voucher and if they make a purchase you get a 10€ voucher (you can sign up quick via Facebook). WestWing is online only and delivery is free on orders over 100€ (except bulky items).
- New competitions in Spain: Nescafe (2000€ / month for life), Colgate (3000€) and more.
- New article: If you have a Spanish Health Card (Tarjeta Sanitaria), see what you should be paying for prescriptions and how to claim if you think you’re paying too much.
- Taco Bell promo: 2 medium menus & 2 ice creams for 10€ (usual price 15.50€), download free coupon from Oportunista, ends 28 Feb.
- Competition from NonaBox to win a Maclaren pushchair worth 250€ (need Facebook account but participation is not made public).
- Half price entry to Fortaleza de la Mota (castle) in Alcalá la Real (Jaén) for up to six people and kids 2x1. Download coupon(s) and present when you visit. Ends 28 Apr.
- Pimkie discounts online: 8€ off for 25€ spend code 8NEW2014, 15€ off with 45€ spend code 15NEW2014 and 25€ off with 70€ spend code 25NEW2014. Ends 2 Feb, need to spend 60€ for free delivery, multilingual website but not in English.
- 25% off at Muerde la Pasta restaurants on Valentine’s Day, need to click on “get offer” from Facebook page and print email when it arrives.
- Try Wallapop an app to buy & sell secondhand items only in your local area.
- Mary Paz shoe stores across Spain promos with up to 60% off, best value flats for 5€/7€.
- Still on: £5 off £50 order at Zavvi, standard delivery to Spain £0.99.
- Not easy for expats: TGI Fridays is offering free nachos for anyone who is called (or goes with someone called) Nacho from 3-6 Feb. Need to like on Facebook and download coupon. More updated meal deals info on our website, including Fosters Hollywood 2x1 and free coffee at Ikea.
- At Sephora stores 15% off everything until 2 Feb (Sephora card holders until 16 Feb, doesn’t include items already reduced). Also at Sephora buy 2 Clinique products and get a free make up bag with 4 sample-sized products, ends 2 Feb.
- Free New Balance t-shirt from Special K – need to buy 2 boxes of cereal with promo codes on and pay 2€ postage (can pay by Paypal).
- Chance to win a trip to Granada (flights from UK!), take a look at Cheeky Jaunt.
- Get your own 40 favourite recipes in book format and a personalised apron both free from Rebanando.com. Need to register and follow instructions. (We suppose your recipes will have to be in Spanish).
- Get 70 photos printed for free from Photobox, size 10x15 (need to pay postage), ends 4 Feb.
- Get travel-sized products for only 1€ at The Body Shop and sale still on with up to 70% off selected items. Need to spend 35€ for free home delivery or 20€ if you pick up in store.
- Finishes soon: Clarks EU up to 50% off sale, free delivery & returns, no minimum order.
- Spain Book of the Week: Daughters of Spain by Joan Fallon, a history of women in Spain. You can get it on Kindle at Amazon Spain.