Costa Women Terms of Service
1. In General:
Costa Women is a very social community. Members are asked to join in their real names. Any member who joins in the name of a company, or business or changes the name on their account to a company or business may be removed from the website.
Costa Women members are not allowed to self-promote their business on Costa Women (see points below for details). Members are allowed to promote other businesses within reason. A member will be suspended if they say to promote someone elses business when it is actually their own.
2. My Page: Members are allowed to include their business web address and any information about their business on their personal information registration form on ‘My Page’. Members are not allowed to use business logo's as their profile picture or add their business name in their profile name.
3. Personal Messages on My Page, Friend Requests and CW Email: Members are not allowed to spam other members via Personal Messages on 'My Page', in Friendship Requests or 'CW Private Emails'.
Members are only allowed to reply with their business details on 'My Page' or via 'CW Email' if information is specifically and personally requested by another member.
If a member receives 'CW Email' spam or Spam via their Personal Messages on 'My Page' they are encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately.
4. Events: Members are allowed to load events pertaining to their business (Advertorial Events) but are limited to a maximum of 4 events per month.
Members are allowed to promote Advertorial Events but with a maximum of 1 post in either the forum or in the groups. Sending out invitations however is only done by the Administrators.
5. Photo's: Members uploading photos pertaining to their personal business are limited to a maximum of 10 photo's.
6. Forum: Members are not permitted to reply to a topic posted by another member by including their company information, website, email address or URL link, with the exception of posting a topic (not a reply) in the 'Job' category on the forum.
Members are not permitted to reply to a topic or post on the comment wall with their company information, website, email address or URL link.
8. Post Removal: Administrators are authorized to remove all or part of any content which they believe to be blatant advertising or self promotion pertaining to a members or a member’s friends business.
By using Costa Women you also agree to:
1. Costa Women is an English language network. Therefore all comments should be made in English, with the exception being comments made on 'My Page', 'CW Email' and country related groups.
2. Messages (and titles) should be typed in lower case because long spans of text in all upper-case are harder to read because of the absence of the ascenders and descenders found in lower-case messages, which can aid recognition.
3. Show respect to your fellow Costa Women.
a. Not to post other members personal details, photos or web site details without consent of this person.
b. Not to post personal messages from other members, whether in full or in part, without consent of this person.
c. Not to post in a manner that is profane, vulgar, obscene or controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
d. Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
4. Show respect to all cultures and nationalities.
5. Criticism is allowed as long as this is done in a constructive and respectful manner.
6. We cannot actively monitor the contents of, and are not responsible for, any messages posted on Costa Women. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Costa Women of any entity associated with Costa Women.
7. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately and not to take action on their own. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary.
8. We retain the right to remove any message, topic or event that we feel is inappropriate.
9. Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. We ask you to send a personal message to the Administrators to discuss individual actions or to discuss moderation policy.
10. Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed
or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.
11. Not to discuss proxies or other methods of bypassing government blocking of websites.
12. Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums. Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, multilevel marketing and similar solicitations.
13. Not to use Costa Women to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
14. Not to post about gambling, betting, pornography, illegal drugs, fake goods/clothing etc and other activities that are officially illegal in Spain.
15. Not to post links to pages that contain objectionable material. Such as pornography, gambling or illegal goods and services.
16. Not to post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles).
17. To use discretion when using blind references in any post or signature. Not all users of Costa Women are experienced enough to understand where these links may point.
18. To acknowledge that all advice voluntarily given by any member in any Costa Women Forum is provided free of charge as well as liability.
19. Members are forbidden to lobby and solicit members to go to their own businesses where it is necessary to pay for services or assistance. The exceptions are Costa Women Events, which may be promoted by a maximum of 1 post either on the forum or in the groups.
20. Not to create multiple accounts. Any member found to have more than one account on the Costa Women will be suspended. Suspended or banned members found creating additional accounts will be banned immediately.
21. To release Costa Women from any responsibility for information found using Internet links posted on the forum (including links from our Privilege Card Participants).
22. To not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or colour changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.
23. Please be informed that Costa Women is an apolitical network, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Spain. As such, Costa Women will not permit itself to become a sounding platform for members to lobby other members to effect changes to or suggestions on political issues or Spanish government decrees. This does not mean that members cannot voice a political opinion as Costa Women encourages constructive debate, but lobbying for any kind of action is forbidden.