Welcome to Avalon Funeral Plans
Your expat funeral plan specialists
Designed For Expats
For expats in Spain, buying a European funeral plan may help your loved ones cope with unfamiliar procedures, language barriers and funeral costs.
call +34 865 616 550
Planned In Advance
With an Avalon Funeral Plan, the essential funeral costs are planned and paid for in advance, helping to save your loved ones time, money and stress.
Why funeral planning matters for expats
Unlike in the UK, here in Spain funerals can take place within 24-48 hours, which leaves little time to make arrangements and may not allow enough time for loved ones to attend.
Things may be misunderstood or difficult to explain. A Body Release form will need to be completed immediately which will be in Spanish, with no time to translate.
Costs & Payments
Funeral Directors in Spain usually expect payment upfront so it may be difficult for family to find the money quickly to pay for the funeral.
Why so many people choose an Avalon Funeral Plan
- Established for over 25 years, with more than 100,000 people having chosen an Avalon Funeral Plan
- Avalon is one of only two providers of FCA regulated expat funeral plans in Europe
- Over 3,000 Trustpilot reviews, rated as “Excellent”
- Avalon is a British company with teams based in Spain
- A range of funeral plans to suit most budgets with flexible payment options
- Your plan moves with you – Avalon can arrange your funeral here in Spain or in the UK
- Choose to pay in Pounds or Euros
- 24-hour bereavement line with a British team based in Europe to help family when the plan is needed
- The money you pay for your plan is paid into an independently managed Trust and is held safely until the time it is needed to pay for the funeral. Avalon ensures that the Trust always has enough funds to provide the funerals of all our customers. Large network of European Funeral Directors
The Avalon Promise
The Avalon Promise for extra peace of mind
Avalon will still provide all the services included in your plan if you pass away before your plan is fully paid if you choose to pay for your funeral plan in instalments.
You can benefit from the Avalon Promise if:
- You die as a result of an accident at any time
- Your plan has been in place for 12 months for a UK plan or 18 months for one of our expat plans
This means your loved ones won’t have to make up the difference for the cost of the services in the plan and can focus on celebrating your life, instead of worrying about finding the money to pay for your funeral.
Full terms, conditions and eligibility for Avalon Promise can be found here.
What our Customers Say
My dad took out a plan with Avalon when he moved to Spain a number of years ago. He recently passed away and from the outset Tania at Avalon has been amazing. At such a difficult time it was so reassuring to know that everything that needed to be done was being done professionally and in a very caring way. Likewise with the funeral company and celebrant they used. Can’t thank them enough. Would highly recommend.
Avalon Funeral plan staff are amazing and thorough and the members of staff I have dealt with have been highly professional and sensitive.
The funeral directors that they use are of the same high standard and made my recent loss so much easier to deal with due to their sensitivity and exacting standards of professionalism.
Thank you so much
Today we have met with Jay Patel again. Monday he explained everything thoroughly and was very professional and friendly. Today we bought our funeral plans as we have only just moved to Spain to retire we wanted it done for here and if back in U.K. We don’t want our family to have to organised it when our time comes. We would recommend Avalon and Jay Patel.