What did Costa Women get up to in 2017? The answer has to be loads! Here’s some highlights of our monthly achievements and some of our successes. Thank you for continued support – we couldn’t do it without you!
We also launched ‘Spain & Me’ (stories from Costa Women living in Spain) Don’t forget to download your free copy via this link.
Started the ‘Costa Women Featured’ series again when over the course of the next 11 months we featured and Fiona and I interviewed 13 website members and shared these via Youtube videos. In 2018, it could be YOU! Are you launching a new project, have an uber cool business idea, need support for your charity, book launch, or just want to spread your love of Spain on a live Zoom video? Let me know by leaving a comment below, or emailing me to email@example.com
For the first time, we have entered into sponsorship agreements with three fantastic companies; My Lawyer in Spain (11 offices around Spain) Currencies Direct (free currency transfers big and small) and Caser Seguros (all your insurance needs in Spain) This has meant that I am no longer covering all the costs for hosting the website, newsletter, events etc. and its filled me with much gratitude.
Our biggest event was International Women’s Day Conference. We were proud to collaborate once again with Jackie Groundsell of 1230 The Women’s Company. 90+ women join us at Andalucia Lab in Marbella. As part of our Conference, we raised money for Amusuvig Malaga (Asociación de Mujeres Superviviente de la Violencia de Genero) and Asociación Knitted Knockers Costa del Sol
Keep 8th March in your diary for 2018 and book your tickets for this year here
Took part for the third year running in the 5 x 50 challenge – (thanks Fran Rajewski) If you want to get fit this year join us again this year!
Thanks to our lovely group of volunteers, we started Costa Women meet ups in NEW locations:-
- La Cala de Mijas – thanks Sue Taylor
- Inland Business Networking (Coin) – thanks Pat Jay
- Benalmadena – thanks Caroline Whitaker
- Mijas Pueblo – thanks Inez Robinson
- Views from the Hills – thanks Jill Langhus-Griffin
These new groups have extended our reach to 23 locations in total. If you want to meet other Women in your area, join the groups on the website and Facebook too. Check out where we meet up – Find a Meet Up in your area
We appreciate that our hosts are volunteers and therefore sometimes life means that get too busy to organise regular events. If you don’t see your location in the list and you would be interested to host, or co-host an event please let me know and we will see what we can arrange! It can be as simple as arranging a coffee morning, or glass of cava at a local bar in your area.
In total Costa Women hosted 267 (more than double last year) events.
For our Costa del Sol members, I have created a planner showing the coffee mornings and business breakfasts that will be taking place in January.
Did a soft launch our Small Business Class Club If you are interested to find out more here’s the information
Held summer parties around Spain. At our Costa del Sol Summer party raised money for both Acompalia and Asociación Knitted Knockers Costa del Sol
Over the course of the year, you donated 11 sacks of clothes and items to Cudeca and AMUSUVIG Malaga.
Set up Action August for the third year running. Giving you daily challenges to get stuff done during the month.
Costa Women celebrated our 7th year and we were excited to welcome the arrival of our 6000th member!
Supported the Bulls Bike Challenge supporting Samaritans in Spain.
Nadine, our Barcelona host, collaborated with MumAbroad to organise ‘Taking Your Business to the Next Level’ Conference in Barcelona. Fiona and I were privileged to attend and meet some of the members in Barcelona. The event raised money for ‘Anything for a Smile’ NGO.
As part of Global Entrepreneur’s Week 10th anniversary we shared 16 videos for you to watch and get some tools and tips for your business and life. Thanks to all our speakers. Take your last chance to watch before they come down early January here
Organised an informative event for new arrivals in Spain in Association with Mijas Townhall, Caser Seguros, Hola Bank, My Lawyer in Spain and Currencies Direct.
Launched in Mijas and Axarquia a new Buddy Scheme for new arrivals. More to follow in 2018!
Organised two Christmas Markets and made donations to Ángeles Malagueños de la Noche
Through our KIVA group lent 15 enterpreneurs money through microloans to help them create their businesses and help alleviate poverty
As we close off 2017, lets celebrate the arrival of 1198 new members increasing our community to 6319 Women across Spain (or Women looking to relocate here).
And thank you for:-
- creating 159 Blogs about life in Spain and your thoughts and ideas – what to join our January blogging challenge? Share your blog post (not shared elsewhere on another website) and we will vote for the most popular at the end of January!
- adding 110 jobs and requests for work
- joining our monthly Photographic challenge – well done Sue Taylor on winner the overall prize for the year. Join us next year through Costa Pics and Clicks Group
- creating 255 classified posts
- creating and joined one of our 140 interest groups for hobbies, ideas, projects, business, plus writing, photography and reading clubs, online groups for locations across Spain, and groups in different languages. We will be revamping the groups in 2018 so watch this space!
Costa Women Were Featured
You may have seen, read and listened to the 17 news articles, or interviews about Costa Women which appeared in
Magic of Spain, Essential Magazine, RTV Marbella x 2 including the 150th show, Solkysten, Sur in English, Marbella news, INspanje.nl, Talk Radio Europe (x2), Marbella Now, ARD German TV, Euroweekly News, Marbella Rocks, I Want to Network, Jenny Garrett, Mijas Comunicación – thanks so much to our media supporters
And an extra special mention to RTN Newspaper who have been running a series of interviews with Costa Women and our members too.
Thanks to Sandie we have a regular article published in Key To Mijas Costa magazine
And I hope you are enjoying the tips for living in Spain in the regular blog with Typical Non-Spanish
Connected on Social Media
- Our Facebook page broke the follow barrier this year and connects us to 8110 friends and followers
- Twitter Account – @costawomen is now followed by 7598 tweeps. Are you following us and also the list of Costa Women members?
- Our Linkedin Costa Women Entrepreneur’s group now has 272 members
- You are liking our images on Instagram too @costawomen with 521 followers
- And pinning our pins at Pinterest with 623 pinners including our Expat Women collaboration board. Let me know if you want to be added
We loved meeting you at events, on the website, via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest and Instagram. Thank YOU Costa Women for creating 1000s of new connections and very happy memories.
Here’s to an even bigger 2018 – watch this space!