How to make an potato omelette with extra virgin olive oil from Oil & Life?
Today in our recipe page I would like to show you how I make a spanish omelette. The famous potato omelette with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) Cold Press from Oil&Life. It is my mothers recipe, she showed me how to make it, I must admit that at the beginning I found it difficult, but I didn’t back down, and after making it a lot of times, it has become one of my favourite recipes and my daughter loves it!!
I must say that there are no two omlettes alike, everybody ends up with a different result, the special touch that I give my omlette is EVOO, which gives it a soft and unmistakable taste.
The spanish omlette forms part of the spanish gastranomic culture. Together with the paella it is the most famous dish in Spain and abroad.
The potato is a food that practically everybody likes, especially children, and should form part of our diet. It is recommended to eat potatoes 3/5 times a week.
Its properties include that its high in carbohydrates, vitamin C and vitamins B6 and contains minerals such as iron, potassium and magnesium. They are highly recommended for sports people and people who do hard exercise as it is a means of recuperating energy.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 750 grams of potatoes
- 1 big onion (150 grams)
- 6 eggs
- 250grams of EVOO Oil&Life
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into squares and add salt.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Pour the EVOO Oil&Life into a pan and heat.
- When the pan is hot add the potatoes and the onion.
- Leave for 3/4 minutes at a high heat and then turn it down.
- Constantely move it.
- In 15 minutes they are ready: it’s very important that the potatoes must be soft.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and drain the excess oil.
- Remove the remaing oil from the pan and put the pan on the heat again. If you decide to use a different pan, you must add a drop of EVOO and put on a high heat.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix the eggs in well.
- When the pan is heated, add the eggs and potatoeson a heat so that the eggs and potatoes join well.
- Leave for 2/3 minutes and then flip it over with the help of a flat plate.
- Leave for the other side to cook.
- Ready to serve!!
It is a very healthy and nutritional recipe, and is perfect for schoolchildren as they use a lot of physical and mental energy and for sports people aswell. A spanish omlette with EVOO will help them recuperate their energy.
I invite you to try it out, make it with care and I’m sure you will win many hugs from your family.
To learn more tips on how to lead your family to a more nutritional, natural and healthy life follow us at..
BY ANDREA ROMERO