TOMATO AND EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, DOUBLE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!
The TOMATO is one of the most consumed vegetables all around the world for its taste, its health benefits, and for all the various ways you can cook with it.
– It can prevent up to nine cancers as it is an amazing antioxidant
– It reduces cholestoral
– It fights against infections
– It strengthens the immune system
– It eliminates uric acid
– It aliviates arthritic pain
– It reduces the risk of a heart attack
– Remineralizer as it contains iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, sodium, phosforus, and manganese.
– Rich in vitamins C, A, B, PP and K .
A University Study in North Carolina, in the USA, showed that those who consumed tomatoes halved their risk of having a heart attack.
The study compared 1.300 americans and europeans that had suffered a heart attack compared to the same amount who hadn’t and the differance was found in the consumption of tomatoes.
The substance, according to this study and others , which is responsable for this protection is called lycopene, a pigment which gives it its red colour. Lycopene is also found in watermelons, apricots, carrots and grapefruit.
However, the differance is that the tomato has a higher percentage of lycopene, up to 90% of what is neccesary for our organism.
If we put together the health benefits of the tomato and the best and especial EVOO from Oil&Life without a doubt the result is a nutritive and healthy food plus an inteligent and practical option.
For example, if we think about the recipe that we are going to share with you today, “Pipirrana” ( a curious name) a salad rich in tomatoes and EVOO Oil&Life, it is one of the most popular dishes consumed in Andalucía in our hot summers.
– delicious And light
– refreshing And nutritional
– easy to prepare
– it comserves well in the fridge for various days thanks to its abundant garnish of olive oil.
-2 green italien peppers
– 2 fresh small onions
– 2 hard boiled eggs
– 1 tin of tuna or mackrel (optional)
-Salt, vinagerand finally the best Extra Virgin Olive Oil Oil&Life.
-First boil the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes, then cool with cold water and peel and break up into small pieces.
-Then chop the 2 garlics very finely, wash the tomatoes, peppers and small onions and chop into small cubes.
-Put all the ingredients into a bowl and add salt, vinager and lots of EVOO.
– Mix the ingredients and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
We hope that you like it, it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
We would love to learn new recipes from other countries and cultures, we love to experiment with new ideas in the kitchen.
A GREAT RESULT
So, if you know of one, don’t hesitate to send it to us at email@example.com and we will publish it with your name!
Share your wisdom in the kitchen with us, we are looking forward to!