30 members were interviewed via Youtube videos with host Fiona Catchpowle. In 2016, it could be YOU! If you want to tell us about your business, charity, hobby, or project, let me know by emailing email@example.com
You Met Up
- Almeria – thanks Elle Draper and Jacqui Malpass
- Barcelona – thanks Nadine Astorga
- Benalmadena/Torremolinos – thanks Mum and Daughter team Nicola and Kerry Sidhu
- Costa Tropical – thanks Deborah Johnson
- Valencia – thanks JS Kaiser
- Costa Blanca South – thanks Sandra Piddock
- Costa Women Guadalhorce – thanks Pat Jay
On the website YOU shared
- 183 Blogs about life in Spain and your thoughts and ideas
- 324 jobs and requests for work
- Told us your story via 603 introductions
- Created 190 classified posts
- Created and joined one of our 100 interest groups for hobbies, ideas, projects, business, plus writing, photography and reading clubs, online groups for locations across Spain, and groups in different languages.
- Took part for the second year running in the 5 x 50 challenge – www.5×50.org (thanks Fran Rajewski)
- Launched a Fabulous February Carnival where you enjoyed downloads, offers and discounts from various Costa Women Members
- Set up Action August during which you launched 2 new businesses
- Collaborated with The Mumpreneurs Networking Club and Inspiring Global Entrepreneurs as part of Global Entrepreneur’s Week and distributed 9 videos for you to watch and get some tools and tips for your business and life. Thanks to our speakers.
- Amy Hackett-Jones created a new group – ‘100 Days of Happiness’ – setting a positive tone to the last 100 days of 2015
· Euroweekly News
· Expat to Inpat
· Expats Blog – ‘Expat Women in Spain creating jobs’
· Currencies Direct – ‘Emigration myths debunked’
· Insider Abroad – ‘Networking and socializing for Women all over Spain’
· Eye on Spain – where, thanks to Sandra Piddock, we have our own blog page
· 3Plus International – ‘6 ways Women’s networks add value’ (thanks Dorothy Dalton)
· And thanks to Mijas 360 Comunicación have a regular slot on radio and TV to promote Costa Women events and YOUR businesses, charities and projects (thanks Karen McMahon). Let me know if you want to be promoted send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connected on Social Media
- Our Facebook page connects us to 4680 friends and followers
- Twitter Account – @costawomen made 6318 friends. Are you following us and also the list of Costa Women members?
- Our Linkedin Costa Women Entrepreneur’s group now has 170 members
Made a Difference by raising for charity
- As part of our International Women’s Day Coference, raised 870€ for Amusuvig Malaga (Asociación de Mujeres Superviviente de la Violencia de Genero) and donated gifts for the Women and Children for Reyes
- At our Costa del Sol Summer party raised 1,660€ for Cudeca.org
- Supported the Kayak Charity Challenge. Find out more here in a blog from Sandra Piddock
- Costa Women Barcelona group raised a whopping €845 which went towards food and medicine for refugees in the camps at Calais.
- Through our KIVA group lent 23 enterpreneurs money through microloans to help them create their businesses and help alleviate poverty
- Collaborated with Cudeca Goldies and took part in events which raised over 20,000€ for the cudeca.org Hospice.
We loved meeting you at events, on the website, via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest and through Meetup. Thank YOU Costa Women for making this such a fun Year and for creating happy memories.
Here’s to an even bigger 2016 – watch this space!